Monday Pick 6
In our week in review article at the end of last week, we talked about a few interesting projects whose ICOs were wrapping up soon, namely Chynge (XCLP), Yamzu (YMZ), and TrustLogics (TM-TLT), which operate in the financial exchange, eSports, and professional networking industries, respectively. You can read our comments on them here.
Here are this week’s top 6 most interesting ICOs that are worth checking out.
- CrowdVilla (CRV): CrowdVilla is an ERC-20 token that aims to create a community estate of holiday properties that CRV token holders can flexibly share forever. Based on the concept of the common good, the CrowdVilla community will pool resources to acquire properties together for shared use. (They made a great intro video that’s worth a watch.) With real-world commercial value, the project already has almost $25 million in pledges. A large incumbent operating in this space is, of course, Airbnb.
The CrowdVilla token sale ends September 28.
- Phoneum (PHM): Phoneum aims to allow mobile phone users to seamlessly mine cryptocurrencies using their phones without disrupting the everyday usage of their device. A new, scalable model of mining that harnesses the power of smart devices globally, it aims to deliver a low power consumption and environmentally sustainable way to mine that is significantly better than current cryptocurrency mining models. The project even boasts a user community of over 60,000 people. Current incumbents operating in this space include HoneyMiner and NiceHash.
The Phoneum token sale ends September 30.
- Kuende (KUE): This is an interesting one. Kuende aims to build healthier alternatives to social media networks. By applying the principles of gamification to social interactions, Kuende will create compelling and fun reasons for users to find each other and meet in various locations throughout their community. The hope is for Kuende to use social networking as a positive force to have people meet in the real world and facilitate true friendships with online and offline activities. Over $2.5 million has already been invested in the project over the last 3 years or so, and the beta and web apps for the project boast over 60,000 downloads as well as a 4.8 app rating on the Google Play store. Incumbents that are targeted by this project include Facebook and other niche platforms such as Reddit or Imgur.
The Kuende token sale ends September 30.
- LookRev (LOK): This project aims to enable ordinary people to form and join distribution chains for their own custom products, and earn money. Think of Etsy on the blockchain. However, unlike Etsy, which can be extremely slow, LookRev offers product customization based on real-time market feedback, accelerating the process of finding product-market-fit and building a framework of sustainable chains of businesses for custom products creators, distributors, retailers, and affiliates.
The LookRev token sale ends September 30.
- Health FX Platform (HFX): This project aims to harness the power of AI, machine learning, and blockchain to empower everyday people with their own medical data and to provide optimized practitioner matching, simple payments, and ultimately good health. There are many promising projects working in this space, such as Patientory and ALLIVE, but we’re including this project in this week’s review because it has so much potential and (for better or worse) the soft cap has actually been reached so you can’t invest in this one until the public crowd sale opens in Q4! That said, be sure to keep this one on your radar.
The Healthy FX Platfrom token sale ends September 30.
- LEXIT (LXT): LEXIT is an online marketplace that enables businesspeople to trade IP, copyrights, code, and even sell entire startups, all with the security and transparency of the blockchain. It streamlines mergers and acquisitions through a blockchain-based tokenization model, and helps with appraisement and matchmaking services, making the sale and purchase of tech assets as simple as purchasing a car or real estate.
The LEXIT token sale ends September 30.
Disclaimer: This is not investment advice and is only meant to be used for FYI purposes. That said, may the odds be ever in your favor!